Friday 18 March 2011

Vientiane to Luang Prabang

This is the most mountainous day of the Tiger Rally although the first 82km of the 383 we are doing today are relatively flat. Most got off early but my Shogun needed some attention. For most of the rally it had been overheating and drinking water - up to 10 litres a day so I took the opportunity to buy a head gasket - just in case - and some radiator sealant and some STP in case the engine went (in theory it will save the bearings), The radiator sealant smelled like curry powder to me but I followed the instructions and crossed my fingers. We had also been losing fan belts for the air con since the first day and I bought another but to no avail.

The road was glorious, the views stunning and the drive by agreement, the best yet. All arrived in Luang Prabang in good time for a few sundowners and a mooch round the famous night market.

No comments:

Post a Comment